As we start a new week, I think it’s appropriate to reflect and appreciate what the Eagles were able to accomplish in the past seven days. Simply amazing. Nnamdi Asomugha and Cullen Jenkins, among others. Awesome. Here are Saturday’s top stories:
- Vince Young chose #9 as a jersey number to pay homage to his mentor, Steve McNair. — Jim Wyatt via Twitter
- Kicker/Punter Alex Henery big-booted a punt today at training camp, tweets Jon Tamari
- Peter King seems to think that Nnamdi Asomugha chose the Eagles because they give him the best chance to win: “He left significant money on the table elsewhere. I would argue with his opinion that signing with Eagles gives him a better shot to win SB than signing with Jets, but in principal, I like a man not going for last buck.”
- The Eagles let go of West Virginia RB Noel Devine, who was acquired just last week.
- Check out how the new Eagles will fit into the current team.
- Casey Matthews could be the starting middle linebacker for the Eagles, writes Tim McManus.